Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Long awaited "Tree Fort"

So I've officially been a Peace Corps Volunteer for 3 months now and the question on a lot of people's minds is "What's Alan been doing?" Obviously keeping up with the blog is not the answer to this question. The actual answer, is working on my house. I wanted to wait til I was "done" with my house, but I am now convinced I will never be done, it's a work in progress...

So I know the burning question in a lot of people's minds is;
How do you build a sweet house in the jungle?
For this I've made a simple easy to use guide for everyone who would like to build their own.

Step 1) Find a community of highly skilled indigenous people, and tell them you'll take pictures of them building a sweet house.

Step 2) Sit back and watch





















From Mi Casa es Su casa

4 comments:

Curtis McGuire said...

alan email me your phone number!

aPham said...

sweeeet.

but where's the tree part of the tree fort?

Laurajean said...

Hummm looks like you are ready for guests, I'll swing by Thursday for a visit!

Alan McDonald said...

The tree was actually cut into tiny bits during the making of this "fort". However it still contains the essence of a tree in that it's tall, has leaves, and a number of critters living in it. And yes, I am ready for guests.