Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Project Update




First of all, I'd like to thank all the dedicated "Mahem" readers who chipped in to help fund the water and sanitation project in Maje. The project is well under way, with the new 10,000 liter water tank installed and pumping out water.



The tank was installed, and the community was able to have water for the last part of the dry season. Now the rains have come, and our work schedule is when the rain allows, which hasn't been a lot this week, so I'm taking advantage to regroup and pick up some supplies in the city before heading back for the next phase of the project.

An auditor came from headquarters in Washington to visit Panama, and came out to visit me. He took this picture of me. He said he might feature my project in his annual report to congress. So, to those of you who donated, I can't thank you enough for your support.







No comments: